Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thrust

NYSAIS, the next level of competition for my school's cross country team, is on Saturday. Federations, the statewide competition, is on the 20th. I must remind myself that I am competing against no one but myself. If I do this, I will excel. Since I last posted, I've gotten much faster. I'm able to run a 5k in 19:40, although I lost some endurance this season by concentrating entirely on speed. Not that endurance has ever been a problem for me before ;). In the next month or two I'll be getting back into 10k's, 10 milers, and half marathons. Running independently while participating in winter track should allow me to improve over the next several months, thereby avoiding a peak or a plateau. The two most difficult things for me, as always, is being consistent in my training and avoiding dumb mistakes. Not eating too much before a race, not overdoing it with coffee, etc., and not overexerting myself during a training run.

Persistence. I WILL make it to the Olympics eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment