Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Mile 180

Ran ten miles today on the treadmill in New Jersey. Yeah, yeah, I HATE treadmills and so do most people, but I needed to run where music was playing. My Ipod's in The Hamptons and I don't have a running partner, so there's not much else to do BUT use a treadmill. Would've done twenty instead but that's for another day. Just being able to do this distance is a benchmark with my shoulder as it is.

At 6 AM tomorrow I'll try for twelve miles and see if my body can handle it. If so, I'll increase the mileage in similar increments every half-day up to twenty miles before I go to Malawi. That done, I'll get faster and faster each time and I'll be set for the Marathon when It roles around.

To be noted; I felt the endorphin rush today a few minutes after I stopped the run. That doesn't happen too often anymore. It was an overwhelming sense of calm and well being, almost like a one-ness with the universe (If I can presume to be omniscient).

And cautionary; without music there is no motivation to run. Without water there is no energy to run. Without sleep the brain cannot tell the body what to do. I'm not superhuman yet I keep forgetting these basic principles. What Is WITH you, Cameron?!

No comments:

Post a Comment